Thursday, January 16, 2020

Getting to know Alayschia

1) Hey! I'm Alayschia but I go by Lay for short. I am a senior with an RBA. Right now, I'm working on campus at the Wellness Cafe and on the Shepherd University Dane Team. I am from Martinsburg, WV but I do miss my hometown Gaithersburg in MD. Like I mentioned before I am 19 and I started school pretty early here at age 16 turning 17 in September that year. Quick fun facts about me is I love, love, LOVE music and dancing, my favorite color is purple, I have a beautiful baby brother and we're 12 years apart, I am a movie person because myself I am a visual person, and my favorite thing to eat at anytime is cereal.



2) The reason why I am taking GWST is because of the credit I cannot lie, but I am definitely interested on where this course will lead to. Already I am enjoying this class with the jokes and laughs and conversations about what we read. It's just really good energy and since this is my last semester, I want to end it with good vibes. I also want to know more about when women made there way into the comedy world.

3) There are so many people who makes me laugh. For instance, Martin Lawerance and Tinisha Arnold when they were in the sitcom Martin, Will Smith in Fresh Prince, Tiffany Haddish, Melissa McCartney, Flame Monroe, Aida Rodriguez, so many people. I find all of them funny especially from Tiffany over because they have no filter, the way they describe their life stories are hilarious, and them just being goofy I love it. Like even when I'm watching them in their interviews, nothing changes. 

6 comments:

  1. Hello Alayschia! I think it's very cool that you got such a head start with your education here at Shepherd. You should be very proud of yourself and your accomplishments. My boyfriend is also from Gaithersburg so I am pretty familiar with the area. Good luck this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alayschia! I also really enjoy Tiffany Hadish-have you seen the Netflix series “We Ready”? She’s the host and even though her role is pretty limited, all of the comedians she brings on are all super duper funny. Also, the picture you posted is adorable! Is that your brother with you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alayschia! I think it's really amazing that you've accomplished so much at such a young age. I don't live in Martinsburg but I live close enough that I'm there all the time. It's pretty much my second home so we have that in common. I am also very interested in learning about when women came into the comedy scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Im Daisy I think its really super awesome that you accomplished so much at such a young age! I go into wellness all the time to get food before/after practice and youre in there a lot of the time when I go. Youve always been very polite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE WILL SMITH AND TIFFANY HADDISH. They're so genuine and brutally honest, and I think that's the best kind of humor. I'm excited to learn more about you in this class. Also, your brother is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, Martin was such a funny show! I forget how much it made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete