Monday, January 13, 2020

Getting to know Taylor

1) Hi! My name is Taylor Seitzinger. I am a grower. I like to learn and improve myself anytime I can. Throughout life I have introduced myself so many times, yet it is never the same. At my core I am a lover, I enjoy seeing others show respect and kindness. My goal in life is to show others compassion and equity so that it may be passed on. I have never wanted to change the world, but I want the world to change me. I want to learn from others and grow as an individual so that I may learn how to create positive and respectful interactions with all people. 

2)  Since I have been in college I have learned so much about equity, gender identity/ expression, marginalization and how your actions and expressions can impact others. I am very passionate and driven to learn about how marginalized populations are treated so that I can better educate myself. I hope to gain an understanding on social constructs surrounding gender identity/expression, and how to best overcome them and start a new generation of thinking and ideals, that promotes a more equitable environment.  

3) I enjoy comedic storytelling, and comedians creating humor from situations that are relatable. One of my favorite comedians are Trevor Noah and his stand up "Afraid of the Dark" https://www.netflix.com/watch/80134969?trackId=13752290&tctx=7%2C1%2C35708ee205ad745e1ee3ed014e156a0216c96803%3A8489e5574e64a028f4460088b91cf1d6dcc2fc68%2C%2C

I also enjoy Zoltan Kaszas on "Why cats are better than Dogs" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTf03_rzVt0
Mostly because I am obsessed with cats, and I relate to this stand up on a spiritual level.  

3 comments:

  1. Taylor, I appreciate how caring you are towards not only your own personal growth, but as well as the growth of the people and world around you. Although, you said you haven't wanted to change the world, I believe that is what you're doing even on a small scale. Allowing yourself to be open to change and to want to pass on compassion to others is a great way to produce that change in the world! Also, thank you for linking the Zoltan Kaszas video! I had never heard of him before, but now I think I have found a new favorite to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you promote kindness, compassion, and equality; if only everyone saw the world the way you do. I love Trevor Noah's standup as well! His impressions kill me every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sentence "I am a grower." I can completely appreciate what you said about learning. While signing up for classes, I usually find myself taking a variety of courses from so many different areas that are not at all related to my end career goal, but just because I want to learn as much as possible. It is so refreshing to meet others who share the same values and goals. Your attitude toward the world is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete