Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Getting to know...Kristina :)

1) Introduce yourself. Tell us a bit about who you are.
Hi, my name is Kristina. I am 19 years old and have lived in Shepherdstown, WV for the entirety of my life. I am a sophomore here at Shepherd, and I am majoring in Psychology and have a minor in Gender and Women Studies. I currently live in the residence hall Thacher as an RA, but when I go home, I live with my two parents and my younger sister of 3 years. I have 2 Chihuahua-Pomeranian mixes named Lucy and Ethel (pictured below) who will be 8 in February, and they are the loves of my good life. In high school I was involved in the Jefferson High School marching band with the color guard, and I was also a cadet in AFJROTC, both for all 4 years. I danced from the ages of 4 through 18, and I did Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Lyrical, Hip-Hop, and Pointe. I am currently involved in Greek life here on campus, and I am an active member of the social sorority Delta Zeta. I am also a member of the Student's for Reproductive Rights club. I give tours as a Student Ambassador primarily in the summer, and work as the assistant for Social Media Marketing during the school year. I love to read, watch YouTube and Disney+, spend time with family and friends, travel, shop with my mom, and spend time outdoors whenever I can. I am the biggest Disney nerd you will ever find, and I hope to one day get a golden corgi and a white Pomeranian. 

2) Why are you taking this class? What do you hope to learn or gain from it? (Even if you are just taking it because you need the credits, you should still push yourself to write about some thoughtful goals.)
I am taking this class because I am an active and proud feminist, and the topics and discussions throughout the classes in this section allows me to be in an environment that lets me share my opinion without the fear of being chastised or talked down to. I hope to gain a better understanding of the struggle and path that comedians who are either female or members in the LGBTQ+ community have to go through in order to be heard. 

3) What makes you laugh? Who are some of your favorite funny people and why?
I laugh at almost everything in my life. I laugh at movies, TV, comedy specials, bad jokes, amazing jokes, my friend's sarcasm and sass, and even at myself. If I happen to injure myself, my first instinct is to laugh and then react accordingly. I find most things funny, even if others don't, and I constantly have tension above my ears from laughing long and hard at things in my life. I will also start to cry if I laugh at something hard enough, and it runs in my family as this also happens to my mother and my maternal grandfather. Some of my favorite comedians include John Mulaney, Robin Williams, Jim Carrey, Iliza Shlesinger, Chris Rock, and Amy Schumer. 


These are my 2 dogs. Ethel is in the front and Lucy is the one in the back where she's resting her head on Ethel's backšŸ§”


This is from one of my marching band shows during my Junior year and the show was called "Resurrection."

This is a jazz dance from when I was younger to the song "Car Wash"
This was a tap dance from when I was in high school, and we had to be very intense and focused looking. 



2 comments:

  1. Those dance pictures are so cool. (And the dogs are super cute.) And I can certainly relate to laughing so hard it hurts afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your choice of future pets is incredible! I absolutely adore pomeranians and corgis - small dogs in general. In fact, I have a cute, bug-eyed chihuahua named Bitsy. She's 11 years-old, completely white (fur-wise), and the heaviest she has ever weighed is 4 pounds. Anyways, I wish I had an ounce of your talent at dancing. I can do the chicken dance and the Macarena - that is the limit for my dancing ability. Maybe you should connect dance and humor for a future blog post!

    ReplyDelete