Thursday, April 9, 2020

My Thirst for the Blue Wiggle

I know we all remember the Wiggles. Who can forget the absolutely iconic, "Fruit Salad?" I, like everyone, had a number of crushes when I was younger. The brothers from Zoboomafoo (all my kids who didn't have cable know that one), a boy in my kindergarten class named Josh (who I called Joshie Poshie and my father won't let me forget it), and the ever iconic Blue Wiggle. I still think about him. He truly has a sparkle in his eyes.
Just look at that handsome man! There's just something about him, maybe the fact that he's beaming with boyish charm, the finger guns, or his perfectly groomed eyebrows. He encouraged me to dance, eat fruit, and have fun, what more could a young girl want! (Wish I could find a man like that now tbh.) Not only is he charming, he's a man with a story. Anthony Field, the man behind the genius of the blue wiggle, suffered chronic back pain, severe migraines, mental health issues, and irritable bowel syndrome. His father suggested he see a professional psychiatrist and said, "I can't help you with this." We love a supportive father. He changed his diet and exercise habits, started seeing a chiropractor, and turned his life around. Anthony got right with himself and his body and wrote all about it in an IMPECCABLY titled memoir How I Got My Wiggle Back: A Memoir of Healing. HOW I GOT MY WIGGLE BACK. Wonderful. Please tell me about your childhood crushes and if they still apply. Also, Anthony is still a very handsome salt-and-pepper man. I'm not alone, here's a Buzzfeed article that truly encapsulates his essence. https://www.buzzfeed.com/caitlinjinks/the-blue-wiggle-was-bae

I'll part with this: The Blue Wiggle has big d*ck energy and you can't change my mind.

5 comments:

  1. Alison, I can't do anything but support you in this! First, the brothers from Zoboomafoo were definitely in my category of "older men" crushes as a kid! Also, I just have to say, it took everything in me not to scream when I read your title and I saw the picture! I love it girl, thank you for trusting us with your childhood "thirsts"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post my biggest childhood crush was Shego from Kim Possible. Black hair, green eyes, and the black and green suit she wore. I also had a crush on this British girl in my class in 5th grade. She had the accent and everything. Her name was Bonnie. She had short blond hair and sparkly blue eyes. Two different types there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so I have never thought about how attractive Anthony Field is. Like ever. But honestly, I completely see why now: in spite of the challenges that faced him, he took matters into his own hands and fixed them. I think regardless of his fame, that's an important quality! And I have to agree that the title of his book is pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I looked over at post to read, and I saw that you mentioned Wiggle, I never knew that I could click on something as fast as I did just now. This brings me back to my "Yummy yummy, yummy yummy, FRUIT SALAAADDDD!" days. To this day, my friends and I would be in the car and i would just burst that line and everybody is singing it. HAHA what a moment. Since were mentioning crushes, I would say mine was Shego as well but really connected with number 3 from KND. Great job this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just the TITLE of this post cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete